As you all know I am very passionate about taking care of my skin. One of the things that might be contributing to your breakouts today are your make up brushes or utensils.
Make up brushes harbor a whole lot of acne causing bacteria on them and ensuring that they are clean will bring you a step closer to the skin of your dreams.
Let me break it down for you, every time you use your make up brushes to apply foundation or powder you pick bacteria that’s on your face, which is then left to fester on the brush after use. The next time you use your brushes the same thing happens again only now there is added bacteria from the previous day(s) and the cycle goes on and on. Sickening isn’t it? It’s a vicious cycle!!! If this doesn’t motivate you to wash your brushes then honestly don’t know what will.
When I read about this I was so tempted to wash my brushes after every use, lol !!!
Let’s face it though, cleaning make up brushes can be such a mundane task but we still have to do it 😂😂. If you have acne prone skin then I suggest you clean your brushes a little more often than the average person.
I was taking my study break and I thought it would be beneficial if I shared with you all how I clean my brushes!!!
- Lay out your brushes for cleaning , don’t judge I know they are dirty *hides*
- Use olive oil to to remove some of the excess make up
- Dampen the brush, pump your cleaning agent ( I use the Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo, it’s gentle enough not to damage the bristles on the brushes and i won’t break out from using it in my brushes)
- Swirl your brush around the palm of your hand, occasionally adding a little bit more water for to lather the shampoo and clean them out properly
- Repeat the process until your brushes are clean, add the johnsons baby conditioner to form and shape your brushes (I do just to keep my brushes soft but you don’t have to) don’t forget yo rinse it out
- Now pat yourself on the back and marvel at how clean your brushes are 😊 (considering how mundane and insanely boring this task is, this is a very important step
I hope this helps or answered the question on what could be causing your face to break out when your skin seems to have been behaving.
My make up brushes are from vault cosmetics and I absolutely love them but then again they are colorful and who doesn’t like color!!
🔴Like this post if you found it helpful and comment below sharing how you keep your brushes clean
❤️Follow the blog and join the nextkidontheblock family for more amazing tips and tricks
🔴share this post with a friend whose brushes you know are dirty and on social media and help me, help someone today 😊😊